As a business owner, you need to develop a way to communicate with existing and potential customers to stay relevant and grow your business. This does not have to be elaborate and expensive, you can create a low cost marketing plan that is simple, yet highly effective. Here are step-by-step instructions on developing your low cost marketing plan:
- Purchase a domain name, this is your little piece of real estate on the internet. The most popular are the .com and .net domain names. Try to keep your domain name as short as possible, and avoid hyphens, abbreviations, and other confusing words and characters. Domain names are available for as little as $2.99 per year depending on the type selected (.com, .net, .info, etc.) You can conveniently set this up to renew every year, or purchase several years registration up front.
- Purchase a website builder plan These are super easy to use, and very affordable – for as little as $5.99 per month, you can have a professional looking website. Building your website should take you less than an hour, even if you are a novice. We also offer 24/7 support if you have any questions.
- Purchase a professional email address. For about $30.00 per year, you can have a professional email address using your domain name that you purchased. Studies have shown that consumers trust a business more if it has a professional email address, in fact customers are 9 times more likely to respond to an email from a professional email address. Ask yourself, would you trust a lawyer that had an email address like “email@example.com” or does firstname.lastname@example.org sound better and more reliable?For $30.00 per year, there’s no excuse for not having a professional email address.
- Buy an email marketing program For about $10.00 per month, you can have an email marketing platform that will maintain a database of 500 customers, enable you to send up to 5000 emails per month, handle all of your unsubscribe requests, integrate with Facebook, and other platforms, and will route through our server so you will not get blacklisted by internet service providers. As you scale your business, there are also other plans that are even more robust.
- Purchase a text marketing program Available for as little as $15.00 per month, AdVoText offers a powerful communication platform to manage text marketing communications with your customers. Customers are now demanding that we communicate with them through digital means such as social media and text messaging. Studies show that the open rate on text messages is in excess of 90% and messages are typically read within 3 minutes of receipt. There is no other communication method that is so powerful as text marketing. You may also put a “Sign up widget” on your website for customers to opt-in for text marketing, and they will automatically be placed in the AdVoText system.
The Future Is Now
As you can see, developing a low cost marketing plan is easy, and inexpensive. Businesses that don’t adapt to consumers preference for modern digital marketing methods will be left behind. If you are struggling with old-fashioned print advertising, radio and TV ads, and direct mail, it’s time to modernize your marketing program and grow your client base, and increase profitability.